Monday, October 29, 2012

Live & Learn




Last week was quite the adventure in the Jenkin's home. I'm very glad it's the beginning of a new one, hopefully it will be a bit better!
Starting from the beginning: It was last Monday and Ken and I were just getting ready to go to the gym, when he suddenly comes to me and says, "Sonia, I hit my head, am I bleeding?"  I thought he was kidding and had put fake blood all over his head, so I sat there and laughed at him, as he ran back into the bathroom holding his head. I was standing my ground, I wasn't going to just fall for his trickery and go running to his side for him to just turn around and start laughing at me for being so gullible.  So, I continued to laugh in the other room. I then became slightly curious and went to the bathroom. Ken had his head over the sink as the clear water turned red. However, I still didn't know if it was real...(I may be an awful wife!). It took a while, but I started to maybe think he wasn't joking. So I started to ask him questions about what happened to him. Turns out he hit his head on the light switch, yes, the LIGHT SWITCH. Which is less then shoulder height above the ground... mmm not sure..Regardless, it did a real good job and he ended up getting 3 stitches.
It's a good thing he didn't get knocked out though, because turns out I am useless and I don't know how to do ANYTHING. Ken had to call the clinic and ask if he could go in for stitches, called his mom to ask a question, and then told me which way to drive to go to the doctors-since I had no clue where it was located. I did say he needed stitches though!!  I'd say that's worth something.
That was the beginning of the week, the middle of the week just scampered by and then it was Saturday. Which was a great day, I cleaned my house REALLY good and then made A LOT of cookies with my Canadian chocolate chips which are 50000x better than the state's. I had them all laid out on the counter cooling off as I ran to go pick up Ken from work. I'm dumb though, as I continue to prove to you, and left the dog inside. She has been so good and we have never had problems with her, so I didn't think too much about it. As I was walking into the dark kitchen with some grocery bags in my hands I stepped into a soft, warm, pile of dog puke!! Oh, that was great. I went and turned on the light and found that there were 2 other piles of chocolate chip puke on my white carpet along with probably 12 out of the original 40 cookies left on my counter. To say the least, I wasn't very happy that Bella ate all my delicious cookies and then discarded them through out my very clean house! Not at all happy about it.
We cleaned it up quickly though and left to Bear Lake to stay at a cabin for the night. I pouted the whole way there and then decided to be happy and forget about it. We ended up having a lot of fun and ended the week on a good note, which was well deserved after a run of misfortunes. I am slowly getting smarter though.. I'm learning when my husband is joking and when he's not, and I've learned to not trust our curious, hungry, little dog..those are very nice words compared to Saturday's. LIke I said, I'm improving. :)
I dont' think pictures are needed this week since I doubt anyone wants to see Ken's wound or the dog's puke... just say'n.


No comments:

Post a Comment