Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lifey as a Wifey

It's been a month and a half since I became Mrs. Jenkins. The time just flew by! I can't even believe that it is the middle of October, it mostly blows my mind because that also means that this semester of school is already half way over! It does this to me every year. I get going with all my school stuff and suddenly i'm registering for the next semester. I will not complain about this. I have actually loved this semester so far. It is super challenging, but I have finally made it past all my general classes and can now focus on the things that I actually enjoy learning about! 

I am still in a sign language class. It is crazy that this is my 3rd semester of it. It is my absolute favorite thing. It is something  I LOVE being able to do (although not very well yet) and hopefully will continue to do it for the rest of my life. I definitely want to pursue it and end up using it through out my life and career.  I am also in an anatomy of speech class, which is pie after my full human anatomy class last spring.. although it will always be a love/hate relationship I will be quite happy when it finally comes to an end. And THEN, I'm in a phonetics class that is SO interesting and I really love learning about. It is basically just being able to hear speech and transcribe it:  d͡ʒəs laɪk ðɪs (just like this). So ya, I do actually learn stuff at school, so I suppose it is worth these 6 years of my life. Maybe.

Besides school I just live a wifely life. This can become lonely when you don't have a job, cause you don't have a green card, and your husband is off making money! So I spend my spare time cleaning the house and cooking dinner... when the time comes around... Actually, let's be honest, I straighten up the house if we're lucky and maybe clean it on the weekends and I cook perhaps every other night. (We have to eat leftovers sometime!!) So I actually don't know what I do the majority of my life besides school. :)

This has been a good little week so far though. It is our lovely fall break and my last day of classes is tomorrow! I can handle this, especially since I woke up today at 7:30, which is when class starts. I tend to keep doing this!!  OH, sorry this was going to be the last paragraph, so i'll just carry on and change the subject. Ken is great and for our little FHE last night we had a bonfire outside and then packed up all our blankets and headed up to a look out of Logan and star gazed on top of his car. And then we saw THE BIGGEST shooting star ever!! It was crazy beans, it even broke up into smaller pieces before it disappeared. I thought it was pretty cool! 
Anyways, PICTURES!!!

 I got my other half of my ring and I love it! It's made up of blue sapphires.
 We went on a hike.
 Fall is coming!!
 I look like a boy.
This is our Bella, she LOVES to cuddle with us, RIGHT beside us!

Anyways, as I wrote this my lovely husband cleaned the kitchen and did dishes. I should go be productive now!





1 comment:

  1. Husbands are the best at doing dishes. Also, cooking for two people is honestly the most challenging thing EVER! We legit have SOOOO many meals in the freezer cause I cook for like 6 people and then freeze whatever we don't eat, which is great cause then I just have to take it out of the freezer and pop it in the slow cooker for a couple of hours. But legit. So difficult. Glad to hear you're enjoying married life - it's the best! :)
    http://becoming-we.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete